Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Blessings


First I was blessed with a wonderful mom. She's adventurous, creative, fun and has always given unconditional love. Then I was blessed with a terrific step-mom. She is always so good to us and she makes a super pot of gumbo. :-) Then I was blessed with the best mother-in-law you could hope for. She treats all her daughters-in-law like her own kids.

Then God wanted to give me a glimpse of how He loves us so He gave me children. Cate and Reed. They are so fun. God uses them all the time to show us what it's like to love unconditionally, to want to comfort gently or direct with a firm hand at times. My children are such a huge joy. I am so thankful that I'm a Mom but I am more thankful that we have a God to knows all our needs, who wants to have a relationship with us, who loved us so much that He sent His only Son to earth to die for our sins so that we can spend eternity with Him.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Beautifully expressed!

Heidi said...

This was beautifully written.