Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Fire Pit

I have wanted a fire pit for a while now and I finally decided to do it. I found a video on You Tube that didn't look too difficult. I went to Lowe's and bought 39 pavers and had them loaded into the back of the minivan. It was riding low on the way home. I went home and got out all the tools in the shed, picked out where I wanted it to go, laid out the pavers to get an idea of the size, marked off the area, dug up the grass and tried to level it out, and finally stacked the pavers in place. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, although I haven't had a chance to try it yet. If I'm still able to move tomorrow then I may try it in the evening. I got some Peeps on clearance and I really want to make some Smeeps.






7 comments:

Carmen said...

Your fire pit looks good! I recognized the turtle on your blog. So glad I have found you after all this time! Love the blog!!!

Carrie said...

Love it....the fun of a fire without having to go camping! That was a lot of work, no wonder you were hurting so bad tonight!

traci said...

That's amazing! I can't believe you did this in between Starbucks and picking the kids up!! You are Superwoman!

Lesley said...

That must have been a venti coffee from starbucks to fuel you to building a fire pit! I love it. I want one, but I think it would be dorky in my neighborhood.

Rachel said...

You are awesome! The fire pit looks really good.

Heidi said...

What talent! You can do anything you put your mind too. Love it!

curiousdomestic said...

That's a really nice fire pit. Hope your smeeps come out yummy. 8)