Monday, February 23, 2009

It's my job to protect my kids...

...even when they come into you bedroom while you are sound asleep and wake you up because they hear a scratching sound in their room and something flashing is following them. Reed came in early this morning scared and wanting in our bed. After he climbed up between Wes and me I started putting together the tale of the "Scratchy, Flashing Monster." Reed was dragging around a helium balloon that he got at Alexa's birthday party. When the heat would come on it would blow it around the ceiling making a scratching sound. Reed was also wearing his Star Wars pajamas that light up when he moves. The red flashing light was reflecting off the silvery balloon and it followed him because he never let go of the string.

As he lay next to me, he seemed so small. Reed as long as I'm alive I will take very seriously the job of protecting you from those "Silvery Helium Monsters with Red Flashing Eyes."




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though he was scared, it is too cute! Good job being his protector, Chelle. :)

Anonymous said...

Poor, fellow. That does sound scary!

Heidi said...

I probably would have been scared too. Poor guy! Too cute of a story though.