Friday, August 15, 2008

My Little Girl Is Growing Up

"Come to the edge," he said.
They said, "We are afraid."
"Come to the edge," he said.
They came. He pushed them, and they flew.
-Guillaume Apollinaire

I began the morning thinking I would have to gently nudge my little chick out of the nest. Then I saw that she was already trying to fly. This morning Cate began Kindergarten. She got herself out of bed while I was in the shower. When I came to check on her she was already dressed and anxious for the day to begin. This was really surprising because she takes after her mommy in that she is not a morning person. She made her bed without me even asking. Then she asked me to take her picture beside the bed. She knows I like to take pictures of everything.

The next picture made me see just how much she has grown. I pray that you, Cate, have a wonderful, fun, safe day. I pray that you will love learning. I pray that God keeps His tender hand on you at all times. I pray that when you are scared that you will remember that you are loved by God and mommy and daddy and by so many others.








6 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness, she looks so big...oh and I almost forgot (fingers in ears) AAALALALHHHHAAALLLAAHAHAHALLLAAAAAHHHH!

Anonymous said...

I know how that feels. Felt the same way on Eli's first day of kindergarten last year. It is amazing how fast time flies and they were just babies! Blessings to all of you!

Anonymous said...

Such a big girl! She will do great.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your sweet "big" girl!

Clements, party of 5 said...

Baylee's first day is tomorrow. Wish us luck, I hope Cate had a great day! Stewarts Creek really is a great school (as far as schools go). I'm really glad my kids attend there. Praying you guys have a great year!

Anonymous said...

Chelle,
You are a wonderful Mom to have prepared Cate for this day so well. I can see the self-confidence in her eyes. She's not just ready, she is eager to meet this kindergarten challenge.

Go Cate!
Kelly