Friday, August 22, 2008

I missed you Mommy.

Today was the first time I just dropped Cate off at the curb. With her backpack in tow, I watched as she made her way into the building. I prayed that she found her class room without any problem. I thought about how the school years will pass like lightening. And I drove off, wondering (lump in throat) if Cate was okay.

I picked her up after school and the first thing she said was, "Mommy I cried today." My heart sank. I asked her why she cried and she said she missed me. Tears in my eyes, I asked if her teacher gave her a hug. She said she didn't let the teacher know. Then she said she also cried in the bathroom.

Are you crying yet? Because I'm about to lose it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sad . . . (sniff)

Clements, party of 5 said...

oh, Chelle. sniff, sniff here too! Praying for you both as you start this new phase of life.

Heidi said...

Sniffle, sniffle...you're breaking my heart.