Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Finally!

No, we haven't been matched with our baby girl. I have been dealing with the USCIS office in Memphis for almost a year trying to update our I-600A immigration form so we will have all our paperwork ready when they match us with a baby in China. It has been so frustrating. You can't call them. They won't communicate with your social worker. All you can do is email and hope they respond. It took almost a year to finally get enough info from them to find out what they wanted. I have been angry, sad, angry, frustrated, angry, unsure, angry, oh, and did I mention ANGRY! We the letter finally came and they approved us for another 18 months! I now realize that if they had approved us a year ago then we would be starting this process over in another six months. But they approved us on the date they got everything they needed. This means we're good for another 18 months. In the end this may work out to our advantage but it was not easy waiting and wondering. I just pray that we will get our little girl before the letter expires again. It's in God's hands. I shouldn't worry about it.

This is why we keep trying even after almost 3 years of waiting.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Praise the Lord! That is awesome. Have you thought of a way to sneak me out two or three baby girls when you go to get yours?

Heidi said...

Girl...you had my heart jumping out of my chest at first! But, thank you Jesus for that letter and praise Him for giving you 18 months. That is incredible. And, very much overdue. I just prayed for you guys! Hang in there - I know you've been hanging for a very long time.

Anonymous said...

The title didn't make me think of babies, but the picture popped up and I screamed. (sigh) I am thankful you got the letter and can less this stress go. Well, you will stress anyway, but I am glad THIS part is done.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying baby girl comes home in 2009!

Clements, party of 5 said...

that is great news. your family will be in our prayers. i'm sure its been a hard road, but the LORD is in it, and he will see it through