Thursday, November 20, 2008

Funny things kids say...

Yesterday was a rough day. I was tired and didn't feel great and kind of down. I told Wes I just didn't want to cook dinner. We decided to get Sonic (the closest thing to our house). The kids immediately started jumping up and down saying "I want to ride with you, I want to go, Can I ride..."

Wes: "Kids mommy needs some alone time."
Cate: "I promise I won't say anything."
Reed: "I won't talk either. I promise."

I just laughed. (and left them at home with Wes.) They are so precious but Wes is right, sometimes mommy needs alone time. Maybe even something more than riding to Sonic by myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hellllloooo!! CALL ME!! STARBUCKS!!! I even have coupons!

;)

Mommyof4 said...

I hear ya!! Where oh where could we go? =) Today I actually had 3 hours to myself. A friend of mine asked to keep my kiddos and told me I couldn't go back home cuz she knew I'd do something productive. =) So, I went to a park nearby and went for a walk and when it started raining I just sat in the van and spent time with God. It was SO refreshing. I'm doing a Beth Moore Bible study at church and I worked on some of our study the rest of the time in the van. It was just what I needed. I've never done that before but sure hope the opprotunity comes again.

Anonymous said...

Amen! Been there done that! I have one right now telling me to hurry up.
Melissa