Monday, July 12, 2010

Update for Mei Mei



We got an envelope with a bit more info this weekend. No new pictures but I wasn't expecting any so I wasn't too disappointed. I did send a care package a few weeks ago with a disposable camera so I hope to get that when we pick her up.

We now know that Fu Jiu Xin was found abandoned at the door of a villager's home in the Chengxi Township on September 25th, 2009. She was 7 months old. The villager placed her under the care of the orphanage. A doctor examined her and deemed her to be in good physical health and estimated her date of birth to be February 18, 2009. The orphanage named her. She has been in foster care almost the entire time. She is attached to her foster mom and calls her mama. Her nickname is Xin Xin.

It appears that she enjoys a variety of food and has a good appetite. She plays with toys and likes to watch t.v. I was surprised to find that she had a t.v. She likes to play games with older children. Likes to bathe. I was glad to hear this. It should make bath time more fun. She loves to talk and laugh. She can say one- to two-word phrases such as "eat, mommy, daddy, " etc. (In Chinese I'm sure.)

She is relatively outgoing, active and lively. Mischievous! :D Likes to play outside and likes to play with water. Sometimes a bit stubborn and impatient, relatively headstrong and wants adults to obey her. Ha! She can be a bit shy, but once she gets familiar with a new person she is no longer scared.

I just want to squeeze her and tickle her. "The waiting is the hardest part!"

2 comments:

Heidi said...

It sounds like her personality will fit right in! I'm excited to know that she isn't shy for long. Can't wait to give her hugs too.

Jenny Martin said...

Sounds like a perfect little girl to me! :-)