Saturday, September 5, 2009

Girls Weekend

Wes and Reed went to a Braves game in Atlanta and spent two nights at Nanna and Grandpa's. Cate and I made the most of our girls weekend. Friday night we picked up Chinese takeout. Yummy! We watched Nims Island. Pretty good movie. For dessert we fished Jelly Belly's out of a cup with chopsticks. Saturday we started off the day with chocolate chip pancakes. Painted toe nails.


Then met some other girls at the skating rink for Cate's first time skating. She wasn't too sure at first but once she got started she didn't want to leave. I will probably need traction and lots of pain meds after over two hours of skating and a few tumbles. Poor Cate fell about a million times. Only once did it seem to really hurt but she may have a few bruises this week. Maybe I should send a note to her teacher so they don't suspect anything. I was pretty impressed with how well she did in the end. Afterwards she got ice cream. (Sweet tea for momma.) Then we were headed home. (Somewhere Cate got the idea that we were going to play tennis. Ugh. She had to settle for some driveway badminton.) Finally, I convinced her that we needed a break so we went in for leftover shrimp lo mein and watched Kit Kittredge: An American Girl movie. Another good movie. Cate's in bed and I won't be far behind. We did the "girls night" dance a few times. It was a good weekend with my sweet girl.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

How fun! The girls look so little on their roller skates. BTW, where's the pictures of the mom's skating? I wanna see some action!